Tuesday, 13 January 2009
In the meantime i'll post some WIP pictures. Here is my progress this week on my Feather Fairy for the Mirabilia SAL
and here is my progress on my Dear Diary Landscape for the Me, Myself and I RR (bad light in this photo)
Monday, 5 January 2009
Here's hoping this is my last pregnancy bump photo! Taken last week
Just want to thank Anna for the beautiful handmade card that just arrived for Christmas along with some overdyed skein of thread. So kind of you! Thank-you. I already have a project earmarked for the thread!
Oh, ive joined the stitch a mirabilia blog to inspire me to work on my Feather Fairy this year. This will be a weekly SAL.
Friday, 2 January 2009
Seen this on a few blogs and thought i'd have a go...........
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Got pregnant!
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year? I didnt make any last year. This year i think i will but that'll be a future post.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My friend Sherri had Canaan in April, Lori had Isla in December
4. Did anyone close to you die? No
5. What countries did you visit? We went to Canada in February, Portugal/Spain in June and numerous trips down to England
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? My baby!
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory? 6th September was our 5th wedding anniversary and we had a great weekend up in Fortwilliam where we found the most beautiful place - the white sands of morar.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Apart from getting pregnant, starting running and being able to run 10K and raise £860 for charity even if i didnt actually get to run it on the official day
9. What was your biggest failure? Not being able to run the 10K that i trained for months for - due to morning sickness
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Does morning sickness for about 20weeks count?
11. What was the best thing you bought? Our new car - Honda jazz
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? So many of my friends who have been so kind this year.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? My boss at work
14. Where did most of your money go? Baby stuff
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Getting pregnant
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2008? Big Fish, Little Fish, Cardboard Box. Our girly haven holidays song for this year!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:happier or sadder? Much much happier
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Seeing friends, more exercise, proper cooking/baking
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Lazying around
20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas morning opening pressies with my DH, mum, dad, sister, brother in law and Barney the dog. Christmas meal at 4.30pm with DH, mum, dad, aunt, uncle and Gran.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with? DH, during the days when we're both at work
22. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes
23. How many one night stands in this last year? None
24. What was your favourite TV programme(s)? Lost (i watched season 1, 2 and 3 this year)
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Not that i can think of
26. What was the best book(s) you read? I read a lot but there isnt one that immediately stands out
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Rainbow Fish, DH's band :-)
28. What did you want and get? A new car
29. What did you want and not get? A 2008 baby LOL
30. What were your favourite films of this year? I dont watch a lot of films actually so cant immediately think of any particular favourites
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 27 on my birthday and we drove to Birmingham for one of my best friends 30th birthday party
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Less morning sickness and nausea
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Awful. Maternity clothes yuck
34. What kept you sane? Running, friends, my DVD boxsets
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? David Beckham, as always
36. What political issue stirred you the most? The new Scottish Government - switching from Labour to the SNP. Lots of implications from this, especially at work.
37. Who did you miss? My bezzas (best friends) who are scattered over the UK now
38. Who was the best new person (people) you met? Canaan, my friends gorgeous baby boy
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008 Trust God, in and through all things and all life throws at you. Sometimes there seems no light at the end of some dark tunnels but things do work out, often in unexpected ways.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
Blessed me your name when the sun shining down on me
When the worlds all as it it should be blessed be your name
Blessed be your name on the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering, blessed be your name