Tuesday 14 October 2008

Bump update

Ive done it! Ive posted more than once this month - woo hoo!

No crafty/stitchy updates im afraid. My brother in law, his wife and my nephew are over from Canada at the moment so when i get home from work my time is occupied! My nephew is 18months old and boy he's a handful! A taster of things to come in my life!!

Im now 28 weeks pregnant. Here's the latest bump picture I think i look terrible in this picture but it gives you an idea of the bump size these days. I am so unbelievably tired! My iron levels are low though so that explains why. I picked up my prescription of Ferrous Sulphate from the Doctors yesterday so i really hope that will improve my tiredness. I also have Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction which is basically terrible pain in my pelvis area due to hormones softening my ligaments earlier than necessary. I have to have physio and wear a support. The physio has really helped and now i know what not to do (basically do nothing that involves separating my legs too much!) the pain is a lot better.

Baby T is breech at the moment so here's hoping he/she'll turn in the next wee while!

I was down in Birmingham the first weekend in October for a girly weekend at my friends house and they threw me a surprise baby shower! I knew something was going on, lots of whispering/silences when i walked in a room etc etc They got me so many presents - lots of really great practical things like nappies, muslin squares, creams etc etc as well as some clothes/toys etc as well. Here i am opening some gifts
I have 7 weeks, 3 days and 1 hour left at work. I cannot wait to leave!!!

17 comments:

Terry said...

You look good Mommy! Baby T is growing and sucking all the energy out of you. Get lots of rest and don't forget your iron pills anb your prenatal vitamins. Those should help with the tiredness but if not; put your feet up and relax as much as you can.

DaisyGirl said...

Try to rest if you can! Take those vitamins. Your picture looks cute, you look happy and glowing!
Donna

staci said...

Keep up with the vitamins and don't forget some orange juice ;) You look wonderful!!!

anna s. said...

You look gorgeous, Cheryl!! Hope the end of the pregnancy goes FAST!

Kathy A. said...

I think you are looking wonderful girlfriend!

Annemarie said...

Well, I for one think you look lovely and happy and radiant. How sweet of your friends to surprise you like that.
And yes, life tends to get a wee bit busier once the critter learns how to move about. Beware :o)

mainely stitching said...

Oh my gosh, you've stayed in such great shape! :D Good for you! The weariness will hopefully lessen as you take care of those iron levels. The pelvic issues are really important to take good care of with your physio to prevent problems after delivery (I know from experience) - take care! And of course, ENJOY!! :D

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Thats a sweet bump, I always looked near to a beached whale at this time...never mind what I looked like when I was this far along with the boys...oh my....I looked like TWO beached whales :)
LOL!

Jinger said...

Cute bump shot! Hope you are getting some rest. I had physio while I was pregnant as well, but for a different reason. I have scoliosis and as the baby grew it was pulling my ribs apart and causing intense pain. Not fun! Hope Baby T turns and you have a safe delivery. :-)

Sharon said...

Cheryl, I think you look wonderful! Hopefully after you get on your iron-your tiredness will decrease.

Stitchingranny said...

Make the most of it life will never be the same once baby T makes his/her appearance in real life lol.

Lynn said...

I don't think my bump was ever that small. I'm with Vonna, I looked more like a beached whale too!
Get lots of rest and those iron pills will do the trick.
How lovely that your friends had a shower for you!
Enjoy your visit with your in-laws.

stitcherw said...

You look very happy in your pictures, cute bump. Hope the vitamins help and you're not so tired. Make sure you get your rest and don't try to do to much.
Sue

Sadie said...

Love your blog. I had SPD with both my pregnancies, so I can understand the pain on that one. Warm baths helped me, oh and hot water bottles too!

Anonymous said...

You look great! I didn't stitch for most of my pregnancy, but the desire soon comes back...I'm sure it will for you too!
All the best!
Petra

Laura said...

Wow, Cheryl! You look fantastic at seven months into pregnancy. Keep resting and thinking about that last day of work.

tintocktap said...

Looks like the baby shower was fun! Hope the physio sorts out the pain too and take those iron pills! Did you get the parcel I sent a couple of weeks ago?