Monday 15 June 2009

Another week another finish!

I finished another piece this week. A freebie from Debbie Draper Designs. I actually started this the night i went into hospital to be induced but havent been able to work on it since because i associated it with hospital/labour etc etc but i managed to pull it out again and finish the stitching off.
I thought i would show some of the lovely handmade pressies ive received over the last few months for Caleb. Starting on the left, my mum knitted Mr Humpty, my friend Becky made the "Caleb" in the frame - the letters and the circles are cut out of material and handstitched on (you cant see it in this picture but his date of birth is stitched in some of the circles), my friend Janet made the lovely photo album and my friend Lori made the fab sock monkey! I love handmade gifts!On the baby front, im so looking forward to Caleb starting food. Not long now..he's so ready i think. Im getting organised anyway. At the moment i am loving pureeing all these different fruit and veggies and storing them in the freezer....the novelty of pureeing will wear off though i know LOL but giving my baby good healthy nutritious food prepared by me is driving me at the moment....but see all those ready made baby foods in the supermarket, they do look so easy.... Anyway, last night i pureed some apples yum yumI ordered my linen for the Mary Wigham SAL last week only to get an email back saying it was out of stock and i'll have to wait a couple of weeks. So disappointed!

15 comments:

mainely stitching said...

I hope your fabric will arrive soon! :D

Elisa said...

I am on the puree thing at the moment too.Martha loves parsnip & carrot & sweet potato too :)

Kim B said...

Great gifts! I never did make babyfood for DS, but maybe I'll give it a try in a few months for DD.

DaisyGirl said...

I was a very lazy mommy. I didn't make my own baby food, but I did use cloth diapers!( I think ya'll call them nappies?)
DaisyGirl

Margaret said...

Well done you! I am sure the pureed food will be super nutritious. Love the handmade toys - took me back to my childhood!

Rowyn said...

Caleb has some gorgeous handmade gifts!

Love your finish too. Great thread colour. Are you going to finish it into anything in particular?

How disappointing that your Mary Wigham fabric will be another couple of weeks. Mine finally arrived today. I am looking forward to getting started.

Maureen said...

what lovely gifts you received. don't beat yourself up about buying baby foods if needs be - i started to puree with my first one, by the time my second one came along it was straight on to jars lol! Just remember it is for such a short time they on completely pureed food - before you know it he'll be munching his way through everything..

Karan said...

Well done on the pretty finish. Gorgeous pressies too. Good on you for keeping to healthy foods - the tins & jars may be quick but they usually have added sugars etc. Have fun finding out Caleb's likes & dislikes. :0)

Maren said...

Hopefully you'll get your fabric soon. There sure are a lot of folks doing the MW design. It's going to be a blast to watch everyone progressing on it.

Kathy A. said...

Lovely gifts for Caleb. Such a lovely finish!

Felicity said...

Lovely finish. All those gifts! Makes me wanna get pregnant (though I admit that at my age it will be the three wise men baring gifts coming to visit).

I didn't do babyfood either. Mine at what we ate. They all hated mush. I remember when telling the baby nurse that the crown prince stole a peanut butter sandwich, she responded by saying: Mrs SY, it was SMOOTH peanut butter, wasn't it? One of the few times I've ever lied. David lived to tell the tale and is now almost 26 years old and still enjoying crunchy peanut butter sandwiches for lunch.

Hazel said...

Lovely DD design. You stitched this before with different threads. I won it in the stitcher's lottery! Elijah loves his food and will practically eat anything! x

stitcherw said...

Your finish is so pretty, glad you were able to pick it up again and finish it up. Sorry to hear about the delay in getting the fabric. How frustrating to want to start and have to wait for it.

Sounds like a good plan to start stocking up on the pureed food while you have time, once Caleb starts in on it I'll bet it will go quite quickly. Also, I love his finished sampler in your earlier post, so cute.
Sue

Brigitte said...

Your finish is so pretty. And such nice gifties for Caleb.
I hope your fabric will arrive sooner than they told you. MW is such a wonderful project and you certainly are itching to start it.

CindyMae said...

Love the finish! Love the gifts for the little one!