Monday 8 November 2010

Friends

"If we would build on a sure foundation in friendship,
we must love friends for their sake rather than for our own."
~ Charlotte Bronte

In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends."
~ Martin Luther King Jr.

I was reading something recently which contained these quotes. Been a bit disgruntled by something recently and was thinking about friends and friendships and the different types of friends i have and how "real" some of these "friends" actually are/are not. In 2 weeks time I have a girlie weekend away in a cottage with 8 of my bestest friends of all time and I cant wait!! Real friends are to be greatly valued and put other things/people into perspective!!

p.s. I have a stitching finish and its lovely and i wish i could show a picture but i cant, its my Christmas exchange for Rowyn.

5 comments:

Hazel said...

I don't think I have 8 friends :-( not close ones like that anyway.

Have a fab time. xx

Maggie O said...

8 friends, wow you are very rich! I have a friend that once said you cannot find it "all" in one person be that family or friends, so you need to fill your happy/balanced bucket from different sources. took me a while to "get it". Good blog Cheryl for a Monday morning.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I think to have 8 friends with a girl weekend sounds like fun! I wish I had 8 friends, I don't have any besides those living under my own roof. But those are the bestest ones a girl can have anyway :)
And phooey on those that aren't true friends to you. You are a sweet, good and kind soul, you deserve only the best!

Karan said...

You are truly blessed - have a great time with your friends. :0)

Lynn said...

You're very blessed Cheryl! I have three close friends, only one of which lives near me. You are right about there being different types of "friends". I've learned that these are the 3 I can count on no matter what.
I hope you have a fantastic time with yours!!