Thursday 2 February 2012

Be Still and know that I am God

I am not the most Christian of Christians. I know i could be a much better person but my belief in the existence of God is strong and i cannot imagine life without a faith. There have been a couple of times in my life where i/my family just would not have coped without having God to turn to.

Ive been quite anxious recently, in relation to my health.

Yesterday in the madness and stress of this house (the kids/the inlaws etc), i had a bath before my hospital appointment and this verse came to mind

Be Still and Know that I am God. (psalm 46 vs 10)

Be Still and Know that I am God.

It really spoke to me and gave me a sense of peace. How important it is to BE STILL in the madness of life and know that God is God. The God of all things.

People are praying for me and that is a wonderful reassuring feeling. Someone at Church took my husband and I aside on Sunday and shared some amazing words and prayed. It did wonders for me and i was very emotional. Someone else shared with me his struggles with trusting God and trying not to be anxious and he got very emotional, which really touched me as well.

So, yesterday i had a CT scan on my inner ear and an MRI scan on my head. I had been feeling very unsettled about it. When up in those dark lonely hours during the night the mind runs away and i start to think the worst about what it could be. Thankfully, the MRI wasn't as bad as i had been dreading. I got a bit panicky as i was moving into the machine but managed to put mind over matter and keep my eyes shut and focus on the music! 7 songs later it was finished!

I feel very relieved these tests are over but now I need to pray for good results.

I thank Ian, John and Rodger for their prayers/encouraging words/texts. At times like these having Christian friends, having a Church family and having a faith mean more to me than my words can express. Maybe that realisation will help me to become a more Christian Christian.


7 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Cheryl, I will pray for you this day and I hope that all is well with your testing.
And as far as your faith, please know that to walk the road in faith, there are pitfalls and different places the road takes you. We all have times that we are in a desert - times we're dry inside, parched, desolate and know we should be lush and green and verdant. You'll make it to the garden because you know that's where you want to be :) it is your destiny. Praying for you this day in all things.

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Oh Cheryl, my very best hopes and wishes are with you. Be strong, be still, all will be well. Irene xxx

DebbieSFL said...

Cheryl, praying for you and also wanted to give you the link for the Sampler Girl's "Be Still" cross stitch pattern:

http://atthehoneysuckletree.blogspot.com/2010/10/and-then-you-will-hear.html

It's a verse that I love and maybe it will be comforting to you to be able to stitch it....

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I'll keep a good thought for you.

Aussie Stitcher said...

I will be praying for you, and hoping for good results from your tests.

Lynn said...

My faith has brought me through many things over the years. Vonna has put it so eloquently and I agree wholeheartedly with her.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers Cheryl and hope for a positive outcome.
Sending lots of hugs your way!

Milkshake Recipes said...

Grateful for you writing this blog.