Saturday 14 August 2010

I actually stitched

I havent stitched in ages. Have had absolutely no desire. Got so many unfinished pieces but i dont want to work on any of them. Its been months. Anyway, last night, alongside my glass of red wine, i found something and started work on it. Nice and easy, no thread changes. Its a freebie design from Passione Ricamo called "Fairy Celebration." Im hoping it will hold my interest
We are so enjoying these lovely sunny days. The weekend is to bring more of the same, shame my husband is at work and missing it. Im enjoying my blog again, using it as a way to record life.

On the way to visit some horses yesterday we got sidetracked by the boats and spent the morning at the marina instead. Caleb enjoyed the kid play area too
Hope the sun is shining where you are! This is DH's last ever weekend of work - yeah!! Starts his new job in 2 weeks.

13 comments:

Hazel said...

Great new start - love the colour. Caleb is a real cutie. Sun??? Where? It's been rain rain rain here. x

Rowyn said...

I know the fairy design, and it is lovely. I like the thread you have chosen too. Can't wait to see more progress.

My stitching mojo has been MIA this year too. I wish I could find it properly again.

Enjoy that sunny weather!

Brigitte said...

Such nice pictures from your holiday place.
Good to see you stitching again. A small little freebie is certainly a good thing to re-start and get your mojo back.

Kathy A. said...

Oh, it is nice to see you stitching again. Sometimes life just takes over and things like stitching take a back seat. Caleb is growing so wonderfully and I am sure you are enjoying every minute with him. Congrats to DH on his new job and I hope all goes wel for him!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Blogs are good to record life...and don't worry about your lack of desire for stitching, I think it is the time of life you are in. When my first three were little. I put all my stitching away. Didn't have time, didn't have inclination. Then it just magically appeared again!

Erna said...

Lovely start and yes the weather is great...enjoy
Hugs
Erna

Blu said...

Lovely new start!
Nice pictures from your vacation.

Lynn said...

I love your new start Cheryl. I think I have this one somewhere in my stash.
I went through a period when the kids were young where I didn't stitch for several years. I didn't want to miss things as they grew. Then life slowed down and the stitching resurfaced. It will always be there when you're ready. Enjoy your time with Caleb.

staci said...

Very pretty stitching Cheryl! I didn't have the time or energy for stitching when my children were young either :) Caleb sure is growing fast...what a cutie!

Sonda said...

What a lovely new start! Caleb is very cute and I can completely understand why you haven't been stitching! No worries.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on picking up that needle! Hoepefully it'll fuel your interest again. Of course being a Mum is a busy job!

mainely stitching said...

Congratulations on stitching. But hey, when did Caleb get so BIG?!

marylin & poussy said...

Hi the very beautiful beginning of embroidery
Best regards marylin