Sunday 6 February 2011

Bad ass stitchy woman

Thanks for all the good wishes on my previous post regarding the birth of my little nephew Harry. He's doing great and is a very good baby! Lucky Mummy and Daddy!

I havent got much to say, just thought i'd check in and say hi. One thing i have to mention....i've read on blogs over the years how nasty people can get on email groups/exchange groups etc etc but i had never experienced that at all! Stitching women turn nasty?? Surely not?! WELL.....a yahoo group i belonged to just got a new moderator and the woman sent out some pretty awful emails. Its a charity stitch thing....send in a square as and when you can. However, the new moderator went all bad ass and is berating people as selfish and slackers and we shouldn't just be stitching when "we feel like it." I cant do justice to the nastiness of her emails, really, it was awful. I was actually livid when i read it and left the group immediately.

So, there you go, my first experience of nastiness in the stitching world. Ergh, it was horrendous. I hope she doesn't read my blog, she scares me.....

p.s. i will carry on doing some charity stitching as and when i can, but i'll find a nice new friendlier group to stitch for that's for sure!

8 comments:

Hazel said...

OMGosh that is awful! Nasty boot! Well if you ever want a lovely charity to stitch for then I know a most excellent one called Love Quilts. I can get you the link if you like or you can probably google it. It is really well run and ashamedly I have only stitched for one quilt but I aim to do more this year esp since Tracy gave me a wad of aida for it. x

Karin said...

That's really too bad about your charity group - I do some beading and embelishing for a lovely group of women locally, and I think one of the most attractive things about it is their attitude. They understand when life gets in the way, and are so appreciative for the work that everyone does.

Lainey said...

I'm sorry you have had such a bad experience, Cheryl. It;s sad that such nastiness is still going around. I;ve had a few experiences myself over the years. I hope you manage to find a new group soon.

barbara said...

Teresa left! Or was booted out or something, and Jayne's back in charge. What a fiasco! I was literally shaking with anger over the things that woman said!! Anyway, come back if you left and try to forget about it if you can. I'm going to.

Sue said...

I'm not sure if you know Cathey from Pumpkin Patch and Company but if you want to do some charity stitching for a great cause, go to http://pumpkinpatchandcobreastfund.blogspot.com.

Lynn said...

That's really awful Cheryl! Especially when you're dealing with a charity group. I haven't had this sort of experience yet and hope that I never do! I hope you're able to find a new group soon who appreciates the work that you do.

Maggie O said...

How do people like that get put in a position of trust in any event? Good for you for taking a stand and for blogging about it.

Kathy A. said...

Oh that is just awful. I hope you can find a new charity that treats all stitchers with the kindness and respect they deserve.