February was a good month and most notably i got to go away for a whole weekend with my best friends to a wee village in the Cotswolds. We try to do this every year and i love that things never change between the 9 of us.
Yesterday was my 32nd birthday. I can truely say that this was one of my most favourite birthdays ever. Here's how my day went:
- Cup of tea in bed
- Husband made pancakes for breakfast (without being asked!!)
- A 5K run in beautiful sunshine along the coast
- A long shower to get ready for my afternoon at a gorgeous country club (by myself, myself-yes!)
- 2 course lunch at said country club
- Chill out with my book and magazine on some plush sofas to let my lunch go down
- Nice relaxing swim in the pool
- Steam Room
- Express Facial
- Back, shoulder and neck massage
- Pot of tea next to log fire
- Home just in time to put boys to bed
- Cocktails and DVD with hubby
I loved it. I loved the ME time. Im never on my own. I never get to just be. It was bliss just to be on my own, not have to talk to anyone and totally relax. I love my hubby for this gift! It was the best birthday and exactly what i needed.
Today has been a lovely day too. I went out for an 11 mile bike ride this morning then the 4 of us spent the rest of the day pottering around in the garden, my parents popped in for a wee visit too. Then tonight we had a Chinese takeway for dinner and once im off this computer, i plan on ignoring the massive pile of ironing that's waiting for me and opening a bottle of red. A great way to kick start being 32!