I was tagged by Jamie the other day so here goes. Five Questions.. and Five Things...Here's how this works:
For the first part, 5 Questions - anyone reading my blog can ask me five questions, either in comments or feel free to email them if you'd prefer. I'll answer them in the blog as soon as time allows.
For the second, Five Things About Me. Here are the rules: 1. Get tagged 2. List five things that have not been revealed on your blog 3. Tag five others.
So....5 things about me.....
1. I don't think ive mentioned this i my blog but i love to read (although stitching has seriously affected how much i read these days). I normally read on my commute to work as i have a 45minute train journey each way. I live right opposite my little village library and my family have a good laugh that im on such friendly terms with our local librarian. She is lovely. In fact, i popped in tonight on my way home from work and she had actually looked out some books that she thought i'd like and kept them aside for me! How great is she?! I would love to work in a library, it just doesn't pay enough!
2. Speaking about work, i work for a charity. Most of you will know that but to be more specific i work with young people ("young" being aged 25 and under) and try and get them more involved in their communities and volunteering. I work in a fairly disadvantaged area so the idea is that volunteering will increase their skills and confidence etc etc. I also promote an award for young volunteers.
3. I live in a small village as do my immediate family. My mum and dad are a 5 minute drive away, my sister and her husband are a 1 minute walk away, as are my aunt and uncle. Some people would hate that but i love it.
4. The majority of people i would term my "best friends" live no where near me. I was born in Scotland but moved down to England when i was 6 because of my dads job. Mum and Dad and my sister moved back to Scotland in 2000 whilst i was at uni. As a result my main group of friends are a long way away now! We've all ended up in different parts of the UK but we meet up fairly regularly which is good. Would be better if they all lived in my village though LOL
5. Along with a friend i run the kids club at my church. Its for kids aged 4-12. We pick them up in a minibus. Its on every sunday 1-2pm. I love it but it is hard work. My friend and i do all the planning etc but there are a few helpers as well which we couldn't do without! At the moment we have a really good group and we successfully recruited quite a few new kids when we did a leaflet drop in January.
So thats my 5 things. I hope you're still awake! Now for tagging.....i tag Mercy, Michele, Lizzy, Shannon and Bliss.
Hope you all have a good weekend. Tonight after my weekly fix of ugly betty we're going to my sisters as one of our friends is up from Manchester staying with her. Tomorrow i plan on going to the gym, doing my Christmas ornament SAL and then we're going to our friends for dinner. Sunday is always busy busy!